PDA

View Full Version : Standalone Power-1(Management/Firewall)

anbu013
2012-12-21, 03:17
Hi,

I have set up a Standalone Power-1 Firewall, upon checking on the dashboard there was an automatically created Checkpoint Host which is the Power-1 I have setup. All the interfaces of that object was set to external and I cannot edit or change it to internal or any dmz. I have read that to change or edit the topology of that management/firewall object is I need to convert it as gateway, Is it safe to convert it? will all the configured objects. policies etc on the Smartdashboard be loss in case we convert it into a gateway?

Hope somebody could help me.

Thanks,
Bryan

alienbaby
2012-12-27, 22:38
Yes, it is safe to convert the object to a gateway. If needed, you can convert it back to a host.

anbu013
2013-01-01, 23:12
Hi,

Will the policies still be intact even if we convert it into a Gateway?

Thanks,

mcnallym
2013-01-02, 03:47
Yes the policies will still remain in the SmartDashboard, and in the Management Database.

I have had the Management Object created automatically as a Gateway several times in the past and it is possible to just convert to a host and continue on as if nothing changed.
I have also converted hosts to gateway objects when necessary without any issue.

anbu013
2013-01-03, 19:56
Hi,

Noted On this, I will try to convert it and revert back in case I face any issues.

Thanks,
Bryan