PDA

View Full Version : Eventia installation. 1 or 2 servers?

cooper051
2012-11-22, 00:20
Hello! Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
I can't understand one thing. Should i install SmartEvent, SmartReporter suite, Correlation unit, Management server on the same server, or should i separate Management server from other products and install it on the other sever.
Are there any guidelines for installing SmartEvent? And which server should be log server?

Thanks

serlud
2012-11-22, 03:59
Hello! Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
I can't understand one thing. Should i install SmartEvent, SmartReporter suite, Correlation unit, Management server on the same server, or should i separate Management server from other products and install it on the other sever.
Are there any guidelines for installing SmartEvent? And which server should be log server?

Thanks

You can install this on one system.

We have installed SmartEvent Intro (not Event) , Smart Reporter and correclation unit on one 8x3GHz , 32 GB RAM , 1.2 TB RAID 5 server.
This server get logs from 10 customer log servers CML (installed on MLM) . and has connection to 10 CMAs (installed on MDS Provider-1) to get network object.

It is all depend on your ammont of firewalls and firewall and ips ...log entries.

cooper051
2012-11-22, 04:36
You can install this on one system.

We have installed SmartEvent Intro (not Event) , Smart Reporter and correclation unit on one 8x3GHz , 32 GB RAM , 1.2 TB RAID 5 server.
This server get logs from 10 customer log servers CML (installed on MLM) . and has connection to 10 CMAs (installed on MDS Provider-1) to get network object.

It is all depend on your ammont of firewalls and firewall and ips ...log entries.

Thank you for the reply!
About log server. Can i install log server together with SmartEvent, Smart Reporter and correclation? Is it install automatically with SmartEvent or i must configure it later?

serlud
2012-11-22, 06:27
Thank you for the reply!
About log server. Can i install log server together with SmartEvent, Smart Reporter and correclation? Is it install automatically with SmartEvent or i must configure it later?

Yes, you have to install log server on this system, but you still can design to use or not it on this system.