PDA

View Full Version : SNMP config on VSX for checkpoint 12200

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2012-04-24, 06:51
Hi,

We have a VSX R67 on 12200 platform with 4 Virtual system.

How to enable SNMP per virtual system, because I need to pool each VS interface for monitoring the status.We have third party NMS.

Does VSX support snmp query for trap.

Any help/suggestion would be appritiable in any manner...

Thax
Arjun

northlandboy
2012-04-24, 20:38
Does VSX support snmp query for trap.

I'm not sure what you're asking here - you don't query for a trap, your NMS may receive asynchronous traps, and it may poll specific OIDs. What are you trying to do?

Oh and if you just want to monitor interface status, then it doesn't really matter if it's done on a per-VS basis or not.

sawant.arjun@gmail.com
2012-04-25, 05:41
Hi,

Thanx for your reply.....

I just want to monitor firewall interface using my NMS (Tivoli).I have configured 4 CMA.If any of one interface in particular CMA down, it should fire alert.

Pls suggest ...

Regards,
Arjun

northlandboy
2012-04-25, 05:54
Last time I tried it, LinkDown traps didn't work on VSX. It may have changed since.

So just enable SNMP on the VSX box, and get your NMS to poll it. If it sees a link down during any polling, it will take whatever action it is configured to do. If you really want alerts to only happen for interfaces associated with one specific CMA, then configure it on the NMS side to only monitor the required interfaces. I would think you would want alerts for any interface failure though, not just for one specific CMA.