PDA

View Full Version : Finally passed the R71 Exam

dnmon
2012-03-05, 20:30
Hey Guys/Gals,

I finally passed the R71 exam after my third try. I took the exam last year around August, one month apart from one another and failed on both tries. I was very disappointed but was not in any way upset since I had no prior firewall experience (non what-so ever!). I took the 4 day training on CheckPoint R71 with a certified checkpoint trainer. I could truly say that the official courseware that they offered was useless and did not really help me with eventually passing the test. I have nothing against the instructor who taught the class. He was well experienced and knew his stuff but the way that the course was laid out did not help me achieve any advantage of understanding firewall any better than if I had picked up PDF files on the CheckPoint website. I practically had to learn everything on my own to finally pass the test.

The first time I took the test, I scored a 61% second time 65% and the third time I finally passed with 80%. I like to help those out there who are in my position or is planning to take the test but is not sure what to study. Hereís how I passed;

Although it took me another 4 months to retake the test the third time (this was probably due to discouragement), during my free time I would scanned R71 PDF docs (note I wrote scan, a lot of useless information if you plan to read the entire thing and you are just going for Admin CCSA cert), familiarize myself with the Smart GUI consoles and studied from sample test question provided by the CheckPoint website. Iíve also create some flashcards on flashcardmachine.com to help me remember some of the questions on the CheckPoint test sample.

Anyways by the time I received my R71 cert, my company had already updated to R75. Let me tell you, I wonít make that mistake again to ask my boss to send me to a 4 day training seminar on CheckPoint. ;-).

But if anybody is still aiming for the R71 cert, please feel free to reach out to me for the flashcard links.
Best of Luck -

micsireland
2012-03-06, 11:53
Hi There - well done on passing the exams. I hear R75 is tougher :(
I would love to get a copy of your flashcards as I intend to take the exams.
Regards

ash01786
2012-03-07, 15:30
Hi Congratulation on passing your exam, I too would be extremely grateful if I can get a copy of your flashcard.

My email address is abdus.hamid@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance

dnmon
2012-03-08, 00:28
Hi micsireland,

Please post a email address where I can send you the link to flashcardmachine.

- Good Luck!

eahmed
2012-03-11, 06:03
Hi denmon,

I am planning to appear CCSA R71 Exam.It would be highly appreciated if you share your flash card link to my e-mail:er_ami_best@hotmail.com

Please share if you have CBT nuggets for CCSA R71.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply....

Thanks and regards

Erfan

prasad79
2012-03-15, 22:45
Hi denmon,

I am planning to appear CCSA R71 Exam.It would be highly appreciated if you share your flash card link to my e-mail: shivap06@gmail.com

Please share if you have CBT nuggets for CCSA R71.

I am eagerly waiting for your reply....very very urgent :)

Thanks and regards

Prasad

bright76
2012-03-18, 23:30
March, 15th 2012 the date i passed my ccsa r71 exam, it feels so good. I Passed the exam with score 85 of 100. I'am from indonesia, you just can say that i am new to the checkpoint product.

The only thing i can suggest to you all, of preparation to this exam is, you have to extremely understand in : 1. NAT and how it works, 2. VPN and stuffs. The rest you can practise with q&a pre-exam offered in checkpoint website.

So, thats all my friends, look forward for you success story too in this forums. Good Luck.

prasad79
2012-03-19, 01:19
Hi Bright,

Thanks and Congrates :) as you have passed CCSA R71 Exam, even I'm also preparing for the R71 Test this month March 2012and even i have book my Slot, can you help me outhe Question and Answers (Dump) which you prepare for the exam...

Required : CCSA R71 Lates Pass4sure Dump with 465 Q & A ?

Looking forward ur response asap :

Thanks
KAKA 123 :(

prasad79
2012-03-21, 00:44
Hi Bright,

Thanks and Congrates :) as you have passed CCSA R71 Exam, even I'm also preparing for the R71 Test this month March 2012and even i have book my Slot, can you help me outhe Question and Answers (Dump) which you prepare for the exam...

Thanks
KAKA 123 :

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

ANY UPDATES ON MY ABOVE REQUEST

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

northlandboy
2012-03-21, 16:47
Hi Bright,

Thanks
KAKA 123 :

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

ANY UPDATES ON MY ABOVE REQUEST

************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************

Have you considered that perhaps that user did not resort to cheating, but studied without dumps?

prasad79
2012-03-23, 11:29
Have you considered that perhaps that user did not resort to cheating, but studied without dumps?

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

What does it Mean ?????? (but studied without dumps?) can you explain me ???...in short

Haiyang
2012-03-25, 18:44
Hi Congratulation on passing your exam. I will take this exam on the following week. I too would be extremely grateful if I can get a copy of your flashcard.

My email address is hlu.tech@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance

northlandboy
2012-03-25, 20:10
What does it Mean ?????? (but studied without dumps?) can you explain me ???...in short

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, to treat this as a troll or a serious question.

Oh well, let's try it as a serious question: "Dumps" are cheating. Studying a list of illegitimately obtained real questions from the exam is cheating. If all you want to do is pass, and you don't care about learning the material, then you can find copies of many of the questions that you will be given on the exam. Read through those, study the answers, and maybe you'll pass the exam. But you won't be touching any firewall I control.

The alternative is to spend time reading the documentation, trying things out in a test environment, and understanding how the product actually works.

prasad79
2012-03-29, 01:33
Hi northlandboy,

hmm don't laugh or cry...if your expert in checkpoint fw, please be share you knowledge with us ....here if you any study material like CCSA R71 pdf documents or CCSA R71 ppts....any valuable study material ..Please be share with us...
Thanks for the above comments...

Mail id : shivap06@gmail.com

Regards
Kaka123

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, to treat this as a troll or a serious question.

Oh well, let's try it as a serious question: "Dumps" are cheating. Studying a list of illegitimately obtained real questions from the exam is cheating. If all you want to do is pass, and you don't care about learning the material, then you can find copies of many of the questions that you will be given on the exam. Read through those, study the answers, and maybe you'll pass the exam. But you won't be touching any firewall I control.

The alternative is to spend time reading the documentation, trying things out in a test environment, and understanding how the product actually works.

Luminous
2012-05-02, 16:55
Can you please share the link for flashcards?My email is emailarpitatyahoodotcom

Thanks in advance.

apatil9
2012-05-29, 08:33
Please send me Dumps and material you have on my mail id :86amol@gmail.com

sathishds86
2012-06-19, 02:35
Hi All ,

I cleared CCSA R71 exam with score of 96%.
I have been preparing for this exam for the past 8 months , I would say this is one of the good exam for Network Security professional.
First of all I got trained in K-secure for CCSA R75, after which I followed the below steps before I take the exam, hope this will help you to clear the exam.

Material I used for the exam.

Sybex CCSA
CP_R75_CLI_ReferenceGuide.pdf
fw_monitor_rev1_01.pdf
CP_R71_SecurityManagement_AdminGuide.pdf
Practiced all R75 lab using VM-ware.
CCSA R75 student manual.
Finally practiced all Checkpoint test exam R70/upgraded/R7

sushil_rz
2012-06-21, 01:20
Hey Buddy,

Congrats for your achievement. :)

Can u please share me the flashcard on my mail id - sushil.zanwar@gmail.com..which will help me tooo...as i also failed the same exam last time & planning to retake it.

Thanks in advance.

Shanakag
2012-07-19, 13:27
Hi Dnmon,

My congratulations and i really appreciate about your effort. can you e-mail the flash cards that you created for exam to my e-mail sshanaka@gmail.com

Thanks

Shanaka

oodg007
2012-07-24, 09:25
Congrads on the pass. I would gladly appreciate it if you could forward me the link to the flash card to pooh_r_00@yahoo.com

Thanks

m_1607
2012-07-25, 05:37
PLease send me link for flashcards my email id mandar1607@gmail.com

jamesax
2012-08-01, 04:33
hi mate Congrats

Can you please send me the flashcard link to saxdeparis40@gmail.com

Thanks