PDA

View Full Version : Importing Objects from Different Vendor Firewall

lbirch
2012-02-03, 10:50
First post, hopefully it is to the right group.

I am currently on a different vendor's firewall with new R75's waiting in the wings. If I can export an object list from my old firewalls, into a csv for instance, is there a way to import these into my new checkpoint management? This would save a great deal of time and potentially eliminate error in transcription.

Thank you very much in advance.

ShadowPeak.com
2012-02-03, 11:32
First post, hopefully it is to the right group.

I am currently on a different vendor's firewall with new R75's waiting in the wings. If I can export an object list from my old firewalls, into a csv for instance, is there a way to import these into my new checkpoint management? This would save a great deal of time and potentially eliminate error in transcription.

Thank you very much in advance.

Check out ofiller/odumper:

Ofiller and Odumper fireverse.org (http://fireverse.org/?page_id=88)

Hasn't been updated for a long time but it uses the dbedit interface to fill & dump objects which hasn't changed all that much over the years. I've successfully used it with R71 to bring in just objects, don't know about R75.

lbirch
2012-02-03, 16:10
The page on fireverse.org states that it works up to R65 but if you you've used it at R71 I will give it a try. Thanks for the help.

ecesureshkumar
2012-02-08, 00:53
this can be done with help of ofiller and odumper tools. Which is the easiest way to do it.

just try it out.