PDA

View Full Version : How to configure the SmartView Monitor to not resolve IP address to hostnames

DaniloNC
2011-10-31, 12:59
Hey Everybody!

Is there any way to setup the SmartView Monitor to not resolve the IP addresses to names on the Top Connections screen?

Regards,
Danilo Clemente

ShadowPeak.com
2011-10-31, 13:19
Click the "abc" button in the SmartView Tracker toolbar along the top to disable/enable resolution of IP addresses to hostnames. There is also a little "hand with a platter" icon next to it that will enable/disable resolution of services port numbers to names too.

DaniloNC
2011-10-31, 21:50
@ShadowPeak.com

There is no such button on SmartView Monitor, only on SmartView Tracker.
Do you know how to do the same on Monitor?

Thanks for your reply

serlud
2011-11-01, 16:30
@ShadowPeak.com

There is no such button on SmartView Monitor, only on SmartView Tracker.
Do you know how to do the same on Monitor?

Thanks for your reply

SmartView Monitor will only use CP object name (since it will monitor only already known CP products) and never try to resolve IP to DNS name...

DaniloNC
2011-11-01, 20:00
SmartView Monitor will only use CP object name (since it will monitor only already known CP products) and never try to resolve IP to DNS name...

Well,

As you can see on the attached file, my SmartView Monitor is resolving the ip -> dns.
There is no object called google-public-dns-a.google.com on my setup and even though the checkpoint shows this host by its reverse name.

Does it happens only on my CheckPoint?

serlud
2011-11-02, 03:46
Well,

As you can see on the attached file, my SmartView Monitor is resolving the ip -> dns.
There is no object called google-public-dns-a.google.com on my setup and even though the checkpoint shows this host by its reverse name.

Does it happens only on my CheckPoint?

My answer only for CP object (gateway names = CP object names).

To disable resolving , just try to disable DNS resolving for affected management servers..