PDA

View Full Version : CCSA R75 Lab using virtualbox & VMware not working

eltoro
2011-08-23, 10:35
I am trying to create some lab so i can study for CCSA exam.

The problem is I can't get R75 to install on a virtual machine Virtualbox or VMware

I am using the following

12G hard disk
512ram tried with 1G also

SPLAT install fine, when then when I try to install the FW I all get the same error message

Installation application :Fail to install : Checkpoint security gateway and primary security management! See application usage format

Installation application : Wrapper terminated abnormally, see log file /opt/CPInstLog/Wrapper_R75.elg

after checking the log files is say the following

error 239

Can anyone help with this please- been trying for the last week with no Joy

mcnallym
2011-08-23, 12:36
Hadn't spotted this one, but answered in your other thread, however I see that you have posted the specs for the virtual in here and they are too small for it too work.

I normally suggest 2Gb these days for an R75 virtual machine, and usually go with at least an 80Gb Disk. 1Gb RAM should work fine, I believe mainly disk space is your issue.

I know the guide talks about 12Gb Disk, however I have never had it work with one that size, hence why I give more resources.

Also set the virtual machine type to Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, I usually set as 64 bit, althouh 32 bit seems to work as well.

capital-p
2011-12-09, 11:07
Has anybody gotten this to work with Virtual Box?

I've tried with almost every possible settings for the machine, but all are failing after sysconfig with the same error as original poster has.

xs.gautam
2012-01-18, 12:35
I have also encountered the same issue, with 12G HDD, 1G RAM on VMware 7.1.4 running on 32 bit winxp sp3 Host OS.
What could be possible cause of this ? 32-bit host or does it require 64-bit. If anyone can test this out with 32-bit installation and let us know.

Regards
Gautam

capital-p
2012-01-18, 13:02
Using larger hard disk fixed it for me.

PhoneBoy
2012-01-19, 01:14
You need a minimum of a 40GB hard disk to install SPLAT R75 in a VMware VM. Older versions would work with 20GB or less.

As for VirtualBox, my guess is that SPLAT doesn't have drivers for the virtual hardware emulated by VirtualBox. I've never actually tried it myself, though.

capital-p
2012-01-20, 04:01
As for VirtualBox, my guess is that SPLAT doesn't have drivers for the virtual hardware emulated by VirtualBox. I've never actually tried it myself, though.

Works very well with VirtualBox version 4.8.1. Using SPLAT R71 with RedHat 32 bit OS Type.