PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to R75.20 Multi-Domain SecurePlatform on Open Server

alienbaby
2011-08-11, 01:31
<sigh>

During my preparations for an upgrade from R65 Provider-1, I tested R75.20.

First, You cannot upgrade directly to R75.20 from R65.
In my lab, I installed R75 MD SecurePlatform base and imported my R65 database. No real complaints there, other than the Documentation is really bad ( had to figure out quite a bit).

Issues discovered while testing the upgrade from R75 base to R75.20.
1. The standalone patch file does not support Provider-1/Multi-Domain. No CPmds RPM included. R75 base Provider-1/Multi-Domain has to be upgraded via the CD/DVD image. No 'UnixInstallScript'; changed to 'installme.sh'. Standalone patch does not give any clue that is doesn't support MDM; just stops with 'Status=1'.
2. Following the upgrade, every login produces a missing file error. file not found /opt/uf/SecureComputing/blah/blah/blah..
3. The SecurePlatform webui is no longer supported for Provider-1/Multi-Domain on Open Servers. 'webui enable' produces a missing file error. Check sk37826 for more detail.

Given that my test upgrade to R75.10 produces no missing file errors, webui works, and the R75.10 patch file upgrade works; I'm left thinking that CheckPoint made a list of problems and simply declared those as no longer supported. It's bad form to reduce the number of features for Minor version upgrades. But WebUI can be made to work if you force the spwm RPMs. 'rpm -ivh --replacefiles spwm*'

In short, R75.20 is a huge disappointment. Perhaps it should have never left QA.

serlud
2011-08-11, 02:07
3. The SecurePlatform webui is no longer supported for Provider-1/Multi-Domain on Open Servers. 'webui enable' produces a missing file error. Check sk37826 for more detail.But WebUI can be made to work if you force the spwm RPMs. 'rpm -ivh --replacefiles spwm*'

We have not check R75.20 MDS, but have test SMS R75.20 (clean install) now.
Do you also have *new* directory name like CPsuite-R75.20 on MDS?

drwxrwx--x 11 root root 4096 Aug 3 09:34 CPshrd-R75.20
drwxrwx--- 4 root bin 4096 Aug 3 07:34 CPsplatIS-R75.20
drwxrwx--x 5 root bin 4096 Aug 3 09:29 CPsuite-R75.20

Regarding Webui we already have 2 SRs for R75 and WebUi , and we also provide negative feadback for SK and SR..
our solution was :
mount /dev/cdrom
cd /mnt/cdrom/SecurePlatform/upg_all/RPMS
rpm –Uvh –force spwm*