PDA

View Full Version : Endpoint Security R73 HFA3 released

pabouk
2011-05-31, 18:26
What's New in Endpoint Security R73 HFA 3

New Endpoint Security client support for Windows 7 SP 1.
New WebCheck support for Internet Explorer 9 and FireFox 4.

Full Disk Encryption

New OS Support: Windows 2008 R2 on Workstation hardware, Windows 7 SP1.
Support for Windows 7 operating system upgrades after Full Disk Encryption is installed.
Improved Network Location Awareness.
Improved encryption speed.
New FDEMC options to configure help text for Preboot.
Motion Computing J3500 support for pen and touchscreen in Preboot. Full Disk Encryption will automatically detect the Wacom controller (USB must be enabled for the device).
Turkish localization in Preboot and Windows.

Full Disk Encryption for Mac

Full Disk Encryption for Mac can encrypt multiple disks.
The 64-bit Full Disk Encryption kernel code uses the new AES-NI encryption acceleration, when available. This reduces CPU load during normal I/O. It enhances performance significantly when streaming large amounts of data to and from the disk.
Support for Dynamic encryption.

Media Encryption

RMM now supports (scans and authorizes) NTFS formatted drives.
New WebRH and EPM Key Recovery support for:

Media encrypted offline.
Media encrypted by non-AD users.
CD/DVD (including offline encryption and non-AD user encryption).

Encrypted CD/DVD audit log shows the content of the encrypted container.
Various improvements in Media Encryption server fixes in log archiving, domain synchronization and more.

sk42927 (https://supportcenter.checkpoint.com/supportcenter/portal?eventSubmit_doGoviewsolutiondetails=&solutionid=sk42927)

sebastan_bach
2011-06-02, 05:20
Hi all,

I would like to know whether there is a roadmap for integrating the remote access vpn client & the mobile access SSL vpn client in a single client with endpoint security.

Cause i feel there is a challenge to convince the customer to have 2 clients for IPsec & SSL.

can somebody please provide some insight.

Regards

Sebastan

PhoneBoy
2011-06-02, 20:25
IPSec VPN and SSL VPN clients tend to solve the same basic problem from different angles. IPSec tends to be used for clients you have some control over (i.e. your corporate-owned employee machines). SSL VPNs tends to be used on machines that aren't necessarily corporate assets and are most certainly not under direct corporate control.

What's the use case for having both an IPSec and SSL VPN client on a machine where both clients would connect to the same security gateway?