PDA

View Full Version : Real CCSA R71 Questions

Godfather
2011-05-07, 04:25
Hi Guys,

3 days ago i had just taken my CCSA R71 exam, below are some of the actual questions came out during the exam which i was unsure about the answer. Hope you guys can help me provide me the correct answers (with explanation will be even better). Thanks alot !
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.What are you required to do before running upgrade___ export?
A. Run cpconfig and set yourself up as a GUI client.
B. Run a cpstop on the Security Management Server
C. Run a cpstop on the Security Gateway.
D. Close all GUI clients

2.How are cached usernames and passwords cleared from the memory of a R71 Security Gateway?
A. By retrieving LDAP user information using the command fw fetchldap
B. By using the Clear User Cache button in Smart Dashboard
C. Usernames and password only clear from memory after they time out
D. By installing a Security Policy

3.The thired shift administrator was updatingsecurity management server access setting in global properties. He managed to lock the entire Aministrator out oftheir accounts?
A. Logging to smart dash board as special cpconfig_administrator object and select Unlock.
B. Type fwm lock_admin Ėua from the command line of the security management server
C. Reinstall the security management Server and restore using upgrade_imort
D. Delete the file admin lock in the sfwdir/ tmp/directory of the security management server.

4.Which R71 GUI would you use to use to see the number of packets accepted since the last policy install?
A. SmartView Monitor
B. SmartView Status
C. SmartView Tracker
D. SmartDashboard

5.When using the Anti-Virus Content Security, how are different file types analyzed?
A. They are analyzed by their un-encoded format.
B. They are analyzed by their magic number.
C. They are analyzed by the MIME header.
D. They are analyzed by their file extension (i.e. .bat, .exe. .doc)

6.You would use the Hide Rule feature to:
A. Make rules invisible to incoming packets.
B. View only a few rules without the distraction of others
C. Hide rules from read-only administrators
D. Hide rules from a SYN/ACK attack.

serlud
2011-05-07, 13:16
1 - B (or D , but B will also close all GUI ) /not 100 % sure
2 - C (not 100% sure)
3 - B
4 - A
5 - D
6 - B

northlandboy
2011-05-08, 16:45
I take it you didn't read the NDA you have to agree to in order to complete the exam?

Christoph
2011-05-09, 07:05
1 - B (or D , but B will also close all GUI ) /not 100 % sure

"You are required to close all Check Point clients before the Export operation begins.
If the export fails, stop Check Point services and run the upgrade_export command again.
Press ENTER when ready.."

B is wrong then in regards to the semantics of the question. I don't like these kind of questions, where a technical valid answer is outruled by the way the question is formed.

SmashySmashy
2011-05-09, 09:24
I take it you didn't read the NDA you have to agree to in order to complete the exam?

Calm down jobsworth!

Reading between the lines its clear to me that this chap (unless he is some sort of memory guru) hasn't got these questions from an exam, he's got himself a new braindump and he's not convinced the answers to the questions are correct so he's putting out out to the panel. Nothing wrong with that.

I dont condone the use of braindumps to pass exams but frankly the CCSA courseware is so poorly written and full of holes that Check Point deserve to have the value of their exams downgraded by world + dog gaining a CCSA via slightly dishonest methods.

For the record I'd go:
1. D
2. C
3. B
4. A
5. B
6. B

Godfather
2011-05-10, 00:34
Calm down jobsworth!

Reading between the lines its clear to me that this chap (unless he is some sort of memory guru) hasn't got these questions from an exam, he's got himself a new braindump and he's not convinced the answers to the questions are correct so he's putting out out to the panel. Nothing wrong with that.

I dont condone the use of braindumps to pass exams but frankly the CCSA courseware is so poorly written and full of holes that Check Point deserve to have the value of their exams downgraded by world + dog gaining a CCSA via slightly dishonest methods.

For the record I'd go:
1. D
2. C
3. B
4. A
5. B
6. B

Hi all,

The fact is that i really memorialized the above exam qn word by word as they were real CCSA R71 questions that came out last week, i failed the exam in my 1st attempt, which i got 69 marks where is passing score is 70... therefore i tried again yesterday and i passed !!

Frankly speaking, the questions are tricky but not super difficult as everyone thinks, well, out of the 110 questions, there were about 5 to 8 questions that were completely not from the CCSA documentations (those download from CP website) and of course not from the coursebook.

Anyway, back to the questions, thanks alot to SmashySmashy !! as you got it all correct. I personally checked with more than 5 of my working friends and colleagues as some of them are CP instructors or CCSE holders years of exp...

Lastly, brothers and friends out there, plz dont bother to search for any dumps or even if u found some, there answers are not correct for most of the time...so study all (if possible) the documentations from the CP website and Do the practice exam from CP website...

Good luck brothers and friends !

serlud
2011-05-16, 04:39
"You are required to close all Check Point clients before the Export operation begins.
If the export fails, stop Check Point services and run the upgrade_export command again.
Press ENTER when ready.."

B is wrong then in regards to the semantics of the question. I don't like these kind of questions, where a technical valid answer is outruled by the way the question is formed.

Correct, but with R75 B and D will be correct..
[Expert@R75_XXXX]# ./upgrade_export -l /var/R75_XXX

You are required to close all clients to Security Center
or execute 'cpstop' before the Export operation begins.
Press 'Enter' to continue.

Squid
2011-05-30, 11:53
Hi all!

Please help me find a answer to below question:

The URL Filtering Policy can be configured to monitor URLs in order to:
A. Log sites from blocked categories.
B. Redirect users to a new URL.
C. Block sites only once.
D. Alert the Administrator to block a suspicious site.

A think it A or B.

Jeff.C
2011-08-09, 14:33
Hello everyone, I really need help passing the R71 cert please. I work with the software and I have taken the class. Also, I have took the test twice and got a 64, and 67 but as you know I need a 70 to pass. I hope someone will be willing to help me and check some of the questions I am studding and can explain if I have the right answer and tell me why or why not. Thanks so much for any help!

Tom has been tasked to install Check Point R71 in a distributed deployment. Before Tom
installs the systems this way how many machines will he need if he does not include a
SmartConsole machine in his calculations?
A. One machine
B. One machine but it needs to be installed using SecurePlatform for compatibility purposes
C. Three machines
D. Two machines
Answer: D
On this one I would think with the smart console included it would be three machines

Jeff.C
2011-08-10, 19:27
Hi all!

Please help me find a answer to below question:

The URL Filtering Policy can be configured to monitor URLs in order to:
A. Log sites from blocked categories.
B. Redirect users to a new URL.
C. Block sites only once.
D. Alert the Administrator to block a suspicious site.

A think it A or B.

From all the study material I have I believe itís A. But I never read it in the Checkpoint book

northlandboy
2011-08-10, 19:30
On this one I would think with the smart console included it would be three machines

Yes it would, but read the question again.