PDA

View Full Version : CCSA Exam Question

amani
2011-04-25, 09:39
I took the CCSA on Friday and failed by 4 points. I hit by 8 questions on IKE phase II and SNX. None of answers were in the courseware book, so I'm going through Check Point's VPN PDF to find the answers.

As I was driving home, I was thinking it might have been better not to have answered those questions.

My question is: If you come across a question you don't know, is it better to leave the question blank or attempt an educated guess?

SmashySmashy
2011-04-25, 15:28
I took the CCSA on Friday and failed by 4 points. I hit by 8 questions on IKE phase II and SNX. None of answers were in the courseware book, so I'm going through Check Point's VPN PDF to find the answers.

As I was driving home, I was thinking it might have been better not to have answered those questions.

My question is: If you come across a question you don't know, is it better to leave the question blank or attempt an educated guess?

This was CCSA R71 right?

Leaving any question on a multiple choice exam blank strikes me as a silly thing to do, at least give yourself a chance - you can usually rule out at least one or two answers easily and then have a guess. If you dont answer you gaurantee no marks for that question, wheras by taking a punt you might get a couple of extra marks which might make all the difference.

IKE Phase 2 is covered in the exam materials (R70) that I have - do you have examples of the questions you were asked that werent covered?

I've had questions on SNX, and I too had no idea on these. Anybody know of a resource to swot up on this mystical product?

Dont lose faith, dont let the exam beat you!

amani
2011-04-25, 15:40
Yes, it's the R71. My thought was: if I don't answer the question, it might not have counted against me. I download the test exam available from Check Point's website, and I'm noticing how many answers are wrong in the test exam.

Without disclosing the exact question, one question regarding Phase II involved the number of packets involved. I'm still looking for the answer, but haven't found it.

If you have access to the Check Point UserCenter, SNX is covered in the R71 VPN Admin Guide.

I'm not discouraged, just annoyed. I'm wrapping up my degree this year, so I'm spread a little thin on study time.

northlandboy
2011-04-25, 17:36
You won't lose marks for incorrect answers, so you should at least put something. Follow standard multichoice strategies:

* Discard obviously incorrect answers, toss a coin to choose from remaining options
* If that doesn't work, choose the longest answer
* Still not right? Choose B

:D

amani
2011-05-02, 08:44
My manager took the CCSA exam this weekend. He didn't pass either. He saw the packet question for Phase 2, and took a wild guess. He also got questions on upgrading from R55 to R71 (didn't R55 come to end of life a few years ago?).

Even though Check Point's website says there are 60 to 100 questions on the exam (http://www.checkpoint.com/services/education/certification/index.html), both of us had 110 questions.

I looked at his courseware book and compared it to mine. His book is smaller, and is missing a whole chapter on IPS.