PDA

View Full Version : CCMA looking for work in North America

NetworkNubbin
2011-03-28, 03:04
Morning everyone,

I am on the hunt for my 'perfect job', and am curious what kind of opportunities currently exist for someone with my specific skill set.

I'm currently a resident of Canada, however for the right job I'd be willing to relocate pretty much anywhere in a heartbeat (I don't think I'd complain if it was somewhere warmer :) )

As a reference, the job recently posted by cciesec2006 was pretty close to 'perfect' on my scale, but unfortunately non US citizens are not eligible to work in that environment.

I'm trying to not make this into one of those 'personal' adds you'd see on one of those dating sites, but some things which would be present in said environment which would make me very happy would be (by no means a complete list):
Huge scale and complexity (ISPs/MSSPs/Financial etc)
VSX & P-1
Performance tuning
DDoS mitigation

If you know of a corporation looking for assistance, or are looking for a CCMA to join your ranks, please let me know, either in this thread or privately, whichever you prefer :)

Cheers,
NN

cciesec2006
2011-03-28, 10:30
As a reference, the job recently posted by cciesec2006 was pretty close to 'perfect' on my scale, but unfortunately non US citizens are not eligible to work in that environment.

I have personally spoken to NetworkNubbin and all I can say is that he reminds me of myself when I was at his age. He is a very friendly, EXTREMELY knowledgable and hard driven individual. I would love to add him to my team here (he was the number choice and only choice on my list) had it not been for that stupid rule by HR that all employees must be US Citizen. I am trying to get HR to exempt this position for non-US Citizen but no avail so far. It is very unfortunate situation and a big loss for the company.

Which bring me up to another topic about US Citizens complain that foreign workers taking jobs away from US citizens. That is completely B.S.

Prior to talking to NetworkNubbin, I've interviewed five other US candidates and I have to say that their skills is NOWHERE near NetworkNubbin. All of them claimed to work with Checkpoint and Cisco but when it comes time to touch my lab, they all failed the lab in a spectacular fashion. Some could not even do "cplic print" or even basic tcpdump.

Maybe I am biased but it seems to me like US-born workers are not as driven as non-US-born workers. I've seen it everyday with my own eyes. It is sad but true, IMHO.

I used to work Verizon Business and I am trying to see if I can get NetworkNubbin a job there.

NetworkNubbin
2011-03-28, 10:41
Wow. I'm not sure what to say.

Thank you for the glowing endorsement cciesec, truly.

BR,

Edit:: If you do ever manage to convince HR, please do let me know :)

Cheers,

elliottrb
2011-04-06, 16:32
Are you still available? Are you interested in living in the Seattle area? If so, I have a terrific job opportunity for you. Reply back with a way that I can reach you and let's chat.

Thanks,
Robbie

NetworkNubbin
2011-04-06, 21:49
I am indeed. However I don't have much desire to go work for CP directly (especially sales).

Thanks for the offer though :)

Cheers,
NN