PDA

View Full Version : Checkpoint VPN resource

Scott
2011-02-28, 11:29
I have a 24-36 month consulting position with an excellent company, flexible work hours and ability o work from home, at least one day a week. I need someone with strong skills building site to site VPN's, they will always terminate on Checkpoint box on the client side and could be many different pieces of hardware on the other. This job is located in Northern, New Jersey and pays anywhere from 55-75/hr DOE. Please feel free to email or call me to discuss the details further, Scott@casetechnologies.net 973-954-8349

Must have STRONG KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE of the following:
- Checkpoint NGX R55 or later
- TCPdump
- Building Site to Site VPN's

*Must have BASIC KNOWLEDGE of the following:
- Intrusion Detection and Prevention (IDP) concepts
- Intrusion Detection System (IDS) concepts
- Access Control Lists (ACL) concepts
- Routing Protocols (OSPF & BGP)

lammbo
2011-02-28, 11:54
If it didn't require me moving, I would consider it.

security4it
2011-03-01, 16:33
I voted yes but it depends. If this is an all inclusive rate on corp to corp then it is marginal, depending on the expenses in the area. If it is W2 plus expenses it is a good rate. Not really enough information to answer the question.

marklar
2011-03-01, 18:36
For a 6 month engagement I think that's too low, for 24-36 months I think it's OK.

cciesec2006
2011-03-01, 19:29
For a 6 month engagement I think that's too low, for 24-36 months I think it's OK.

Here is my 2c this:

Checkpoint Professional Services charges $250/hour and their knowledge is about the same as my seven years old daughter. Maybe I am cynical but I've not met a competent Checkpoint Professional Service person yet and I've been doing this for ten years now.

Therefore, $75/hour is still low for a 2 year project. I would charge at least $150/hour for a 24 month project.