PDA

View Full Version : CCSA Exam R71

blasterkings
2011-01-17, 01:00
Hi experts,
I am planning to take CCSA R71 certification - with currently around 3 yrs of checkpoint experience (not in expert level) I need to know how i should go about preparing for the exam?

I am not intending to go for any training classes? is this really necessary and helpful??
What course materials should i buy?? i am currently going to NGX R65 book initially to get a firm grip on how checkpoint works and planning to purchase R71 book.

Any assistance in this matter would be an absolute great help for me to move forward.

northlandboy
2011-01-17, 15:46
Check out the practice questions available on Checkpoint's site.

m4nd3l4
2011-02-22, 00:29
Get the latest Check point R71 courseware. The R71 Training manual really help me to passed my CCSA R71 exam..cheers!!!

Bartholemew
2011-02-22, 08:05
The training courseware is only really valuable for the labs IMO. The information in the study guides is largely copy and pasted from PDFs you can obtain for free from the Check Point website. The PDFs also go in a much deeper detail on each technology, which from my experience you will be asked questions on in the exam even though the study guide may not mention them.

Get the Syllabus for the exam from the Training section on checkpoint.com then download both the PDFs for the features listed and the ISO of the R71 SecurePlatform DVD. Build yourself a VMWare network and use the features as you're reading about them. It's the easiest way to remember everything. Make sure you also pay attention to the listed requirements and limitations of each feature in the PDF. The answers to a lot of the exam questions tend to hang on your knowledge of those.

Most of their certs also have a practice exam available which will give you a flavour of the level of knowledge you need to know for each topic.

Oh and best of luck :)

gayatri
2011-09-19, 03:40
Get the latest Check point R71 courseware. The R71 Training manual really help me to passed my CCSA R71 exam..cheers!!!

Dear friend ,

Please send me the same on gayatrikawale@gmail.com if you still have the valid material.

thanks

Gavrilo
2013-02-20, 12:38
Study like "fuck" I say :-)