PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Opening For Firewall Engineer

Barry J. Stiefel
2011-01-04, 17:06
Hello All,

I just received this e-mail (I have no other information):

01/04/11 11:19 AM
Greetings Barry,
My name is Sunny and I'm an IT recruiter at Pyramid Consulting, Inc. Our records show that you are an experienced IT professional with experience relevant to one of my current contract openings.
The position is part of the Firewall and Security Services Tier III group responsible for managing complex problem escalations, performing simple to complex changes/migrations and upgrades. There is a regular need to shift work week hours to weekend hours for scheduled changes.
There is occasional need to travel on-site to local centers and assist with remote hands and eyes and perform new installs. This position directly interfaces with external clients and is highly visible. The position is involves complex problem engagements, interfacing with customers, vendors and developers, performance tuning, and development of ad-hoc tools to aid in identifying trends and isolating problems during times of critical need.

The following skills and experience are required for this position:
- Expert level knowledge of:
Checkpoint Firewall-1/VPN software (NG-AI) Checkpoint 4.1, NG, NGAI, NGX, VSX
Secure Platform
Cisco Pix, FWSM, ASA
Juniper Netscreen Firewalls
Cisco Routers/Switch
TCPIP
CCNA/CCNP - UNIX Skills (Intermediate to Advanced)
- Advanced technical expertise across a broad range of technologies. - Advanced and solid experience in troubleshooting Firewall flows - Experience in migrating Firewalls from one platform to another unlike platform requiring in dept rules analysis and translation - Protocol decoding and analysis using a variety of software tools - An understanding of Internet DNS, HTTP and load balancing concepts. - Technical leadership during high visibility outages and maintenance activity. - Technical Consultative Skills and the ability to manage projects.repl. bc989g, 01/31/2010

Job Description:

Technical Support for critical situations responsibilities can include:
- Performing project / engineering reviews
- Technically managing major / complex outages
- Technically lead discussion with peers and clients
- Performing chronic problem analysis and corrective planning
- Communication with Senior Management
- Code Upgrades
- On Call Rotations
- New Projects Installation
- Maintenance and Changes

The job is in a production operations environment and requires 24 x 7 service coverage.

A minimum of 5 to 8 years experience as a multiple areas of technology is required. This position requires a broad skill set across networking and security. The ideal candidate would have several of the following
- CCSE (Checkpoint Certified System Engineer)
- CISSP (Certified Information System Security Professional)
- CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
- Background as a technology consultant
- Experience as a solutions architect or integrator
- Knowledge or Experience in an Internet Data Center environment

REQUIRED EDUCATION: 7 years IT or Computer Science Degree or equivalent technical certification or experience
Skills Required

1) Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewall Expert Required
2) UNIX Skills Intermediate Required
3) Troubleshooting Routing & Switching Issues Expert Required
4) Understanding Internet DNS, HTTP Expert Required
5) Technical leadership during high outages Expert Required
6) Citrix Netscaler Load Balancer Intermediate Desired
7) Technical Consultative Skills Intermediate Desired
8) Knowledge of protocol analysis tools Expert Required
9) CCSE Certification Expert Required
10) VSX Certification Expert Required
If you are qualified, available, interested, planning to make a change, or know of a friend who might have the required qualifications and interest, please call me ASAP at (770) 255-7589, even if we have spoken recently about a different position. If you do respond via e-mail please include a daytime phone number so I can reach you. In considering candidates, time is of the essence, so please respond ASAP.

Thank you,
Sunny Jaiswal
sunny.jaiswal@pyramidci.com (sunny.jaiswal@pyramidci.com)
(770) 255-7589
11100, Atlantis Place,
Alpharetta, GA - 30022