PDA

View Full Version : Junior IT Security Engineer Role, UK, Cambridge NO AGENCIES

MrSnakey
2010-12-01, 09:25
NO AGENCIES

Hello Good People,

My place of work are looking to employ a Junior IT Security Engineer as part of our Service Delivery Team.

It's ideally suited to a university graduate with a Computer Science, or related, degree but we will consider candidates without that display appropriates skills. Potential is all important.

Snippet of job description follows below:

If you are interested yourself, or know anyone that might be, please get in touch via a PM on this forum, or tweet me a direct message @MrSnakeOil. (For a bit of fun, if you're really clever, you'll be able to track me down and call me on my office number for extra bonus points, but that is purely optional.

I'll add, this is an opportunity to work with genuinely talented engineers in an environment that not only encourages learning but requires it.

Duties:
This role involves a range of challenging, intellectually demanding and interesting work. You will be delivering world-class support and management services to UK and international clients using the latest products and internet security technologies.

Manage worldwide networks and security systems for our clients
Troubleshoot and solve clients’ technical problems and offer solutions via remote access management, telephone and email
Build, configure and install servers, firewalls, VPNs, remote access, anti-virus and web content security systems
Ensuring that documentation is kept up to date with all changes, additions and removals to hardware, network and software systems.

Skills/Attributes Required:
• Degree in a computing related subject
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent telephone manner
• Ability to work both as a team player and independently
• Ability to find solutions to problems
• Strong knowledge of networking and internet technology
• Linux knowledge (particularly RedHat/Fedora) would be a useful addition
• An analytical and innovative approach to problem solving

Experience Required:
• Ideally experience of working in a customer facing service role
• Knowledge of security technologies would be advantageous
• Corporate Microsoft server/directory management experience would be advantageous
• Evidence of initiative, motivation and reliability
• A strong interest in IT security or networking Other
• UK resident and permit to work
• Full driving License
• Fluency in English

rubber_chicken
2010-12-01, 21:16
(For a bit of fun, if you're really clever, you'll be able to track me down and call me on my office number for extra bonus points, but that is purely optional.)

Oh.. I thought this was going to be hard :-(
Info was in the first place I looked....

Not going to spoil the fun for others though.

bodillc
2010-12-30, 13:42
LOL.... ex work colleage at CP !