PDA

View Full Version : SmartEvent Client Error MEssage

zahaha04
2010-10-06, 22:01
Hi,
I have upgraded our log server to R70.10 and i am thinking to run SmartEvent and correlation and the database on the same server. i have done everything.
Now i am trying to use smartEvent client to the configuration and as soon as i start the client, it loads everything and than give me a error message" Machine is not configured as Event Management on Management. Exiting"

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Thanks in adavance

armando.ferreira
2011-11-18, 08:17
Same problem here. Have any answers?

serlud
2011-11-18, 12:31
Same problem here. Have any answers?

Please provide an output of *evconfig* commnand.

Eros_G
2011-11-18, 16:16
Make sure on the management server General properties you have "SmartEvent Correlation Unit" Check marked....

EVENT server object ...if it is a separate server...you will need "SMARTEVENT server" Check marked......in the general properties too

Also when you open the actual client software.....make sure the IP address is correct...especially if you running on a different server then the management server.

I am also assuming the you have the correct Checkpoint license too...

armando.ferreira
2011-11-18, 16:47
Licensing is not a problem.

this is my evconfig:
1) SmartReporter. (enabled, select to disable)
2) SmartEvent Server. (enabled, select to disable)
3) SmartEvent Correlation Unit. (enabled, select to disable)
4) SmartEvent Intro. (disabled, select to enable)
5) SmartEvent Intro Correlation Unit. (disabled, select to enable)

I went by https://my_smartcenter -> Device -> Control -> Restart All Products, checked that everything is OK with SmartView Monitor and now I am able to open SmartEvent.
I do not have any clue on what happened?

I am running my SmartCenter on SPLAT on a Proliant HP DL360 2.5Ghz QuadCore Xeon with 8GB memory.

serlud
2011-11-18, 17:33
tcenter[/url] -> Device -> Control -> Restart All Products, checked that everything is OK with SmartView Monitor and now I am able to open SmartEvent.
I do not have any clue on what happened?

Don't worry, be Happy

I just have a big problem with Smart Event and Reporter just after R71.40 update...FWM -crashed if I try to connect.. SR open , but .....

armando.ferreira
2011-11-18, 18:41
Serlud,

There is an issue ID 00755556 on SmartEvent failing to load on Windows after upgrade to R71.40.
Look for R71.40 Known Limitations.

I am running R75.10 on my SM and R75 on my SG's

Thank you all CPUG's

serlud
2011-11-19, 03:15
Serlud,

There is an issue ID 00755556 on SmartEvent failing to load on Windows after upgrade to R71.40.
Look for R71.40 Known Limitations.

Yes , but *known* solution (from Known Limitations.)cpstop cpstart - do not help at all in our situation - 2 weeks SR , but no progress till now.
And in our situation (even without GUI ) FMW and DBSYNC just crashed and crashed...