PDA

View Full Version : Smartview Monitor Question

fr0zen
2010-06-14, 16:57
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way in smartview monitor to generate a montly report. One of our sites in US is having bandwidth issue and I want to know if there is a way we can generate a report to see which tcp service or IP is using the most bandwidth.

lammbo
2010-06-15, 08:09
You need Eventia Reporter for that, not Monitor (SVM).

ShadowPeak.com
2010-06-15, 11:39
The Eventia Reporter is the best tool to meet your requirements.

However I suppose you could run a Top Services, Top Sources, and Top Destinations report from the SmartView Monitor for a very long time (like several days), then consult the running statistics gathered by the reports during that period to see what is going on. You could also increase the number of services monitored under Traffic->View Properties->Monitor By Services->Top Services from 10 to a larger number so it will keep more data for you to view.

Bear in mind that if any of these running reports get interrupted for any reason (your SmartConsole box gets rebooted, you stop the SmartView Monitor, etc) all the report results will be lost. If you plan to stop a running report manually, I'd suggest doing a File->Export View to save the results you've obtained before doing so.

lammbo
2010-06-15, 11:56
SVM also has a record option.

fr0zen
2010-06-16, 14:26
In SVM are you talking about the Traffic History?