PDA

View Full Version : Professional Services Position at Check Point

RobertGraham
2010-05-11, 13:56
Check Point is searching for an engineer with solid customer-facing skills. My personal take on the situation is that the technical can be learned, and even though it states "Northeast," there's probably some wiggle room there. My understanding is, a lot of the engagements would be in the Northeast and as long as you don't mind flying there to do the job, that's fine. If you enjoy travel and working with all kinds of different people, go to the Check Point website and apply under the careers section.

Here's the official ad on the jobs site:

Professional Services Consultant

Job ID 0554
Job Location Northeast
Job Category Professional Services
Date Posted Apr 28, 2010

You will be consulting some of Check Pointís largest customers about product integration. You will provide training and implementation of Check Point's High-End products in complex networking environments. The work will consist of visits to customer locations in the Northeast and Central US, where you will be required to quickly understand the deployed topology, and perform the work per the customers needs. As you become more familiar with the product, there may be opportunities to provide training to customers as well.

Extensive experience with Check Point products a must. Strong VSX, Provider-1, and XBM experience needed.
3. Strong TCP/IP understanding. Knowledge of debugging Check Point products. Experience with IP based networks, network design, and security products. Experience with several different operating systems: Windows 9x/2000/XP, Unix- based. Customer oriented and experience with direct face to face service. Experienced with providing training is an advantage.

cciesec2006
2010-05-11, 14:04
3. Strong TCP/IP understanding.

Does this job apply to someone with both CCIE Security and CCIE Voice in addition to CCMSE?

Barry J. Stiefel
2010-05-11, 14:36
Does this job apply to someone with both CCIE Security and CCIE Voice in addition to CCMSE?(show off)

belvdr
2010-05-11, 15:11
Does this job apply to someone with both CCIE Security and CCIE Voice in addition to CCMSE?

Obviously not, as you just studied the dumps. ;)

Barry J. Stiefel
2010-05-11, 16:38
Obviously not, as you just studied the dumps. ;)belvdr, someone just called you a "Paper CCIE". You should kick his ass.

northlandboy
2010-05-11, 17:19

No, you need CCMA.

(says the lowly CCSE, CCNP, CCDP, CISSP...also held expired CCSE+ and CCMSE).

In all seriousness, sounds like an interesting job, although the commute would kill me

chillyjim
2010-05-11, 18:41

Sure...You like Buffalo? I've got a lot VoIP there for you to try and fix (as in fix it before it gets to the firewall so we at least have a chance).

cciesec2006
2010-05-11, 21:23
belvdr, someone just called you a "Paper CCIE". You should kick his ass.

I do not get offended easily. You can call me "Paper CCIE" and it does not bother me one bit. I know my technical capabilities and I make a very comfortable living at doing this so it really does not matter. I tend to look at thing in a more positive way such as "oh yeah, maybe I am a 'paper CCIE' but at least I have the CCIE plague and you do not :-)"

Joking asides, I was trying to inquire about this for my cousin. He is 22 years old, just graduated from a University with a degree in Mechanical engineering. He has never worked a day in his life. Got a full four year scholarship to the University.

In his senior, he was interested in networking and information security, so I gave him my equipments, routers, switches, Nokia firewalls, IPS, SPLAT, Provider-1 and Call manager. He spent about 12 hours a day learning Cisco and Checkpoint technologies. He recently passed both the CCIE Security and Voice lab exams and he is going for the CCMA next (he already achieved his CCMSE).

His disadvantage is work experience. He never work a single day in his life so he has no practical experiences. All of his experience come from a lab environment but his analytical skills is awesome. He can read and analyze and tcp/ip protocol much better than someone with ten years experience in the field.

I want him to find a job that will throw him into the fire immediately so that he can learn in a hurry.

pmb1010
2010-05-11, 21:29
Sure...You like Buffalo? I've got a lot VoIP there for you to try and fix (as in fix it before it gets to the firewall so we at least have a chance).

Wow - my backyard. (I'm in Niagara Falls)

northlandboy
2010-05-11, 21:50
the CCIE plague

hehe interesting typo - I assume you mean plaque, or is it some meme that us non-CCIEs don't know about?

Sounds like your relative is in an interesting position. Usually CCIEs don't have much trouble getting work, but from an employer side, I'm not sure what I'd think of someone who was certified up the wazoo, without any Real World (TM) experience.

Perhaps I should get off my lazy backside, and complete CCIE routing.

cciesec2006
2010-05-11, 22:42
hehe interesting typo - I assume you mean plaque, or is it some meme that us non-CCIEs don't know about?

Good catch. I was typing this thread and watching the Europe plague black death in the mid 1300s on the history channel :-)