PDA

View Full Version : Webinar: Check Point Introduces Abra

apachepro
2010-02-24, 05:38
Hi All,
CP are doing webinar about Abra (something they used internally so far only) , seems like they think about marketing it as well.
NOTE alas, the link they sent seems to be one-time , after registration clicking it 2nd time gets me to my registration info, so hope you can find links to this
on their (CP) website elsewhere.
Cheers.

Join the Abra Webinar to Learn about Check Point’s New Game-changing Product
Check Point Introduces Abra: A Secure Virtual Workspace that changes the way mobile users work.

Abra puts your office in your pocket, forever changing the way you and your customers work.

In this webinar, you will learn how Abra:
• Instantly turns any PC into your own corporate desktop
• Provides virtual workspace that keeps mobile data secure
• Delivers ideal solutions for mobile workers, contractors and disaster recovery
Come to this webcast to learn how you can profit from this game-changing product.

Resources available on PartnerMAP

If you are unable to join the live webcast a replay will be posted on the Special Trainings Archive in PartnerMAP
EMEA/Americas
Date:
Thursday, February 25th

Time:
UTC 16:00
16:00 London
17:00 Paris
18:00 Israel
11:00 AM New York
8:00 AM San Francisco

Time:
UTC 02:00
10:00 AM Hong Kong
11:00 AM Tokyo
1:00 PM Sydney
(Thurs. 6:00 PM San Francisco)

©Copyright 2010 Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. (Nasdaq: CHKP) All rights reserved.
800 Bridge Parkway, Redwood City, CA USA 94065
Read Check Point’s Privacy Policy.

This message was sent by Check Point Software Technologies using Responsys Interact.
Safely unsubscribe from Check Point Software Technologies e-mail at any time.
View our permission marketing policy.

lammbo
2010-02-25, 10:52
I'm trying to sign up for this, but do not see the event listed:
Events and Training (http://www.checkpoint.com/corporate/events/index.html#ondemand)

Is there another location I should try?

apachepro
2010-02-25, 13:04
You're right no announcement there , seems like it is Partner-only webcast
a nd I got last 5 minutes of it only :( .
It will be posted later at
http://www.checkpoint.com/partners/resources/special_archive.html

So my apologies, I didnt check if it was available to All and not only to partners.
But yes it was a marketing one as a prelude to offering this to our end clients .
So it will be heard of soon.
Yuri

apachepro
2010-03-03, 08:39
Hi All,
while webinar is still 'in the processing...' they already put up a new webpage
for this Abra and will be presenting it at RSA today 2nd march.
Link:
Check Point Abra | Check Point Software (http://www.checkpoint.com/products/abra/index.html)

Cheers,
Yuri

PhoneBoy
2010-03-03, 11:41
Yup, it's announced. Press releases went out yesterday. We're getting a lot of interest at RSA from what the people working the booth tell me.

dbrown3611
2010-03-03, 15:15
I had a look at the link provided by "apachepro", this sounds like a product that would be beneficial in my environment.

The supported gateways listed are copied below:

Gateways:
Check Point VPN-1 R65.4, HFA60, Eve2 Hot Fix, Check Point R70.20

Can someone clarify that R65 w/HFA60 will support Abra, or is it only R65.4 w/HFA60?

Kind regards,
dbrown

lammbo
2010-03-03, 15:25
Can someone clarify that R65 w/HFA60 will support Abra, or is it only R65.4 w/HFA60?

Under CP's new RXX.x version numbering, I would assume that R65.4 is R65 w/ HFA_40 as R70.2 is R70 w/ HFA_20. But don't quote me on this since I am assuming.

PhoneBoy
2010-03-03, 15:32
I think regular R65 + HFA_60 (or better) is all that is needed.

llammbo R70.20 is NOT R70 + HFA_20, it's actually a release :)

lammbo
2010-03-03, 15:35
I think regular R65 + HFA_60 (or better) is all that is needed.

llammbo R70.20 is NOT R70 + HFA_20, it's actually a release :)

meh... HFA, release.... whatever (you guys knew what I meant) :P

PhoneBoy
2010-03-03, 15:39
Yes I did. Semantics... ;)

apachepro
2010-03-03, 17:00
Now the webcast of Abra is available as well at :
http://www.checkpoint.com/partners/resources/special_archive.html

Again only for the Partner level access (they talk about prices ,you know..;).
BTW One of the potential uses they say about in the webcast is N1H1 pandemic situation - isn't it something we saw on this forum some time ago ?
They owe to CPUG 'thanks' for the marketing idea I guess :).

Waiting for the buzz to subside and someone sharing with us first experience here .... (Worth creating a new topic ?)

Cheers.

PhoneBoy
2010-03-03, 19:33
Press release says "available March 31, 2010." It may be a little bit before we start seeing customer experiences here. I can tell you we're getting a lot of interest at our booth at RSA, according to my friends working the booth.

apachepro
2010-03-04, 03:52
I hope to get it sooner (even for me working for Platinum partner it is not going fast) .

PS Someone (Jonas, I guess from CP) posted a bit more insight into this :
Abra – the new toy from the Checkpoint | yurisk.info (http://yurisk.info/2010/03/03/abra-the-new-toy-from-the-checkpoint/#comments)

PhoneBoy
2010-03-04, 10:21
I would assume it'd be possible to get demo copies in some instances, but volume shipments certainly won't be until they're ready :)

Jonas' description on that link is accurate. It uses the apps and the OS installed on the host already, also allowing for so-called "portable" apps (similar to the U3 environment) and central control via the SmartCenter gateway.

chillyjim
2010-03-04, 17:53
There are some good size Proof of Concepts going on the really eat up all of the pre-release demo stock. If you are need of one or two units, ask your SE. I suspect the "official" get an NFR from distro is going to be back logged for a while.

abusharif
2010-03-05, 04:25
...and it doesnt support 64-bit OS at all as i understood from the datasheet.
It does say "host" OS, I am guessing that is the OS of the actuall PC you are plugging the USB device into?

PhoneBoy
2010-03-05, 04:42
First release won't support 64-bit, that is correct. The next release is expected to provide 64-bit support. And yes, that refers to the OS of the machine you are plugging the Abra stick into.