PDA

View Full Version : R70 Web Visualization Tool

mcarey
2010-02-17, 11:53
The R70 Web Visualization Tool is available and is awesome!!! Great tool to create an interactive, web-based tool, especially when you need to look deeper into defined groups.

We use this because we have multiple customers in one CMA that we don't give access to SmartDashboard.

kmj1268
2010-09-09, 11:36
Why not use the management portal? It sits on top of SPLAT which gives you the benefit of a hardened OS.

JMK, CISSP, CCSA , CCSE

kmj1268
2010-09-09, 11:42
Just want to point out, that I do see that the R70 Web Visualization tool supports SPLAT as well.
I know that the managment portal does allow you to give you the ability to have other groups and upper managment views on your policy without allowing them to change anything nor allowing them to logon to the management server. It dumbs it down so to speak. I need to get more familiar with the Web Visualization tool myself. Just seems like they do very similiar functions.

JMK

mcarey
2010-09-09, 11:56
If I give the mgmt portal access, I can only restrict per-CMA, not per policy. I have multiple customers within a CMA that don't need to know anything about the other customers. That is why generating a web-visualization of their policy and publishing it to a secure website works in this scenario. In the ideal world, each customer would have their own CMA, but that is too costly.

kmj1268
2010-09-09, 17:05
Definitely understand... However. What happens when that 'secure' web site becomes compromised and is no longer secure. Doesnt that just leave your entire security policy for all your customers... for the taking??? Just looking at this more as a pen-tester and less from a firewall engineer prespective. Anyways... something to think about.