PDA

View Full Version : EndPoint Connect: Is there a way to disable Site Resource verification?

hotice_
2009-12-31, 13:54
Hi,
We're using Endpoint Connect and as you know, before you even attempt to connect, the client verifies if it can access network resources in the encryption domain.

Our problem is that our internal subnet at the office overlaps with the backbone network of our ISP Internet stick provider.

Therfore, as soon as we are connected to the 3G wireless network, Endpoint Connect thinks that we already have access to the office since it can ping some IPs in that segment.

Is there a way to disable this verification within Endpoint Connect?

Thorpuse
2010-01-02, 05:57
Is there a way to disable this verification within Endpoint Connect?

Even if you could disable it, aren't you still going to have issues with knowing what goes on local segment and what goes down the tunnel? Unless the local subnet masks mismatch and/or you use hub mode, not sure this solves the problem.

Does SR/SC work with this configuration?

hotice_
2010-01-02, 21:24
Even if you could disable it, aren't you still going to have issues with knowing what goes on local segment and what goes down the tunnel? Unless the local subnet masks mismatch and/or you use hub mode, not sure this solves the problem.

Does SR/SC work with this configuration?

Well, routing all through gateway would fix this...

Can't do SR/SC anymore, i'm on 64 bit OS

hotice_
2010-01-19, 14:18
For those interested, I RTFM line by line..and found the available config

Global Propertis -> Remote Access -> Endpoint Connect -> Location Aware Connectivity

DemilicH
2010-02-01, 08:18
On the VPN GW in $FWDIR/conf there is trac_client_1.ttm.

Check in this file for "location_awareness_enabled" attribute and set it to "false".

Install policy on GW.

Anyway I think that the best will be to consult with TAC.