PDA

View Full Version : Remote Site Issue

johngrundy
2009-08-04, 07:09
We've recently moved to Endpoint Connect due to the need for a 64-bit client. We have 2 sites where remote users are able to access. Access to each site individually works fine. The 2 sites also have a site to site VPN, they are both SecurePlatform boxes running NGX R65 HFA40.

The issue we are having is that when a remote client is connected to site A and needs to access site B they cant, this is something that used to work prior to Endpoint Connect.

Tracker does not show any logging and the policy allows access between the two. The logs on the client dont really detail anything major as wrong.

I think its the client that is blocking the traffic, but have no way of determining this.

Has anyone any ideas? Or ways to troubleshoot further?

Thanks in advance

Thorpuse
2009-08-04, 08:04
Welcome to the limitations of Endpoint Connect... :)

The feature you are looking for is called in EPC speak "Secondary Connect". It is scheduled for implementation either in Q4 or Q1 2010. Please hassle your SE to pass back to R&D how much of a problem it is that they haven't implemented this - the more we can do to raise the profile of the problem this creates for their new, "improved" VPN client, the sooner we'll have something that we can actually use....

dsb.nepo
2009-08-04, 10:25
It is scheduled for implementation either in Q4 or Q1 2010
I remember such scheduling with SecureClient and 64Bit OS ...

Maybe we will see in Q3 201? a preview of new Blades for "Endpoint Connect"

Thorpuse
2009-08-04, 10:32
I remember such scheduling with SecureClient and 64Bit OS ...

Maybe we will see in Q3 201? a preview of new Blades for "Endpoint Connect"

There was never a schedule for 64-bit support of SecureClient. I've been reliably informed that such a thing was technically impossible without a complete rewrite, thus the new VPN client. The date may slip, but the feature is definitely coming.