PDA

View Full Version : 'All Records' configuration

donshoutarp
2006-03-22, 08:59
Environment: Log Server on SPLAT NGX HFA2, SmartView Tracker HFA1 on XP Pro.

Being a bit too curious, I have enabled a lot of the columns in the query property. Unfortunately this took effect for the Predefined query 'All Records'. Even when I uncheck a particular column, it always reappears when Tracker is started up again. Also autoscroll is turned on and I can't turn it off.

Any ideas on how I can turn these columns off (and keep them off) and turn off autoscroll for 'All Records'?

I know that I can create a custom query and that what I've done to work around the issue, but would like to put back 'All Records' to its default state.

kva.kva
2006-03-22, 09:50
May be you need to reinstall Smart Clients...

hwdbc
2006-05-11, 13:17
Here's the official fix from CheckPoint. I fought this myself for almost 3 months before it finally drove me to the desperate measure of RTFM.

Changing default query displayed when SmartView Tracker is launched
Solution ID: #sk30140
Product: VPN-1 Pro (VPN-1/FW-1)
Version: NG AI
Last Modified: 29-Apr-2005

Symptoms

The SmartView Tracker stores each of its queries in separate files. The files are in a binary format, and are named 0.vd, 1.vd, 2.vd, etc. When SmartView Tracker is launched, it opens and displays the 0.vd query file by default.
Solution
The following directions show how to create a custom query and set it as the default query:

1. Select an existing query in the Query Tree (either a predefined query or another custom query), and choose Query > Copy from the menu.

Note: The system adds a copy of the query, named New, to the Custom folder.

2. Rename the new query.
3. Right-click the name of the new query (in the query tree on the left window pane), and click "Rename".
4. Modify the query as desired. (Refer to the SmartView Tracker section of the SmartCenter User's Guide for additional detail).The following are examples of configurable settings:

To specify the columns to view and the width of the columns, click the View Menu > Query Properties. A new window pane appears with the column controls.
a. Check or clear the Show box, to enable columns to be displayed or hidden.
b. There are two ways to arrange the order of the displayed columns:
1. In the query window pane, drag the column heading left or right.
2. In the column properties window pane, drag the column heading up or down.
3. To filter the data that is shown, right-click the column heading of the column to be filtered, then click "Edit Filter" from the menu that appears.
4. Select the preferred options, and click OK to set the filter.
5. Save the query by clicking the Query menu, then Save.

Note: The system saves the query with a filename of "XX.vd", where "XX" represents the next higher number than the other saved query files.

6. Using Windows explorer, navigate to the directory where the GUI clients are installed.The default locations are listed below:

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG FP3:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SMART Clients\NG FP3\PROGRAM\

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG with Application Intelligence R54:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\NG_AI\PROGRAM\

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG with Application Intelligence R55:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R55\PROGRAM\

7. Rename the "0.vd file" as "temp.vd".
8. Rename the "XX.vd file" (where "XX" is the highest number of the query files) as "0.vd".
9. Rename the "temp.vd" file to "XX.vd".
10. Launch SmartView Tracker to view the new default query.

Applies To:
R55, R54, FP3

patnor
2007-02-26, 09:40
Here's the official fix from CheckPoint. I fought this myself for almost 3 months before it finally drove me to the desperate measure of RTFM.

Changing default query displayed when SmartView Tracker is launched
Solution ID: #sk30140
Product: VPN-1 Pro (VPN-1/FW-1)
Version: NG AI
Last Modified: 29-Apr-2005

Symptoms

The SmartView Tracker stores each of its queries in separate files. The files are in a binary format, and are named 0.vd, 1.vd, 2.vd, etc. When SmartView Tracker is launched, it opens and displays the 0.vd query file by default.
Solution
The following directions show how to create a custom query and set it as the default query:

1. Select an existing query in the Query Tree (either a predefined query or another custom query), and choose Query > Copy from the menu.

Note: The system adds a copy of the query, named New, to the Custom folder.

2. Rename the new query.
3. Right-click the name of the new query (in the query tree on the left window pane), and click "Rename".
4. Modify the query as desired. (Refer to the SmartView Tracker section of the SmartCenter User's Guide for additional detail).The following are examples of configurable settings:

To specify the columns to view and the width of the columns, click the View Menu > Query Properties. A new window pane appears with the column controls.
a. Check or clear the Show box, to enable columns to be displayed or hidden.
b. There are two ways to arrange the order of the displayed columns:
1. In the query window pane, drag the column heading left or right.
2. In the column properties window pane, drag the column heading up or down.
3. To filter the data that is shown, right-click the column heading of the column to be filtered, then click "Edit Filter" from the menu that appears.
4. Select the preferred options, and click OK to set the filter.
5. Save the query by clicking the Query menu, then Save.

Note: The system saves the query with a filename of "XX.vd", where "XX" represents the next higher number than the other saved query files.

6. Using Windows explorer, navigate to the directory where the GUI clients are installed.The default locations are listed below:

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG FP3:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SMART Clients\NG FP3\PROGRAM\

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG with Application Intelligence R54:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\NG_AI\PROGRAM\

VPN-1/FireWall-1 NG with Application Intelligence R55:
\Program Files\CheckPoint\SmartConsole\R55\PROGRAM\

7. Rename the "0.vd file" as "temp.vd".
8. Rename the "XX.vd file" (where "XX" is the highest number of the query files) as "0.vd".
9. Rename the "temp.vd" file to "XX.vd".
10. Launch SmartView Tracker to view the new default query.

Applies To:
R55, R54, FP3

This is also a valid way to solve things in NGX (R60 and higher).

Noidea
2008-11-13, 07:30
Environment: Log Server on SPLAT NGX HFA2, SmartView Tracker HFA1 on XP Pro.

Being a bit too curious, I have enabled a lot of the columns in the query property. Unfortunately this took effect for the Predefined query 'All Records'. Even when I uncheck a particular column, it always reappears when Tracker is started up again. Also autoscroll is turned on and I can't turn it off.

Any ideas on how I can turn these columns off (and keep them off) and turn off autoscroll for 'All Records'?

I know that I can create a custom query and that what I've done to work around the issue, but would like to put back 'All Records' to its default state.

Dear all,

I have exact the same problem. No Idea how it came there, but I also have a filter saved on my "all records" and could not find a way to remove it...
Version is NGX R62 Thanks