PDA

View Full Version : Noob

knwminus
2009-07-20, 19:17
Greetings All:

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a modest ccsa lab. I am trying to find out what books and equipment I would need to make a low-cost lab. I have basic networking knowledge, A+/N+/CCNA level and I would like to add a checkpoint cert to my resume. Can someone point me in the right direction?

knwminus
2009-07-21, 23:51
Any body have any answers?

knwminus
2009-07-22, 11:58
Funny. I have seen more people get replies when asking for BrainDumpz but when I am asking for legitimate study sources I can get no responses....SMH

northlandboy
2009-07-22, 15:05
Don't know what the current best books are. In my day it used to be Phoneboy's book.

For lab, a couple of Intel PCs will do the trick. Install SPLAT on both of them, one as a firewall, one as a management station. Then install the console on a Windows PC, and use that for management.

knwminus
2009-07-22, 15:16
I am looking for a free copy of SPLAT. I am registered with checkpoint. Should I just request a copy?

northlandboy
2009-07-22, 16:32
I am looking for a free copy of SPLAT. I am registered with checkpoint. Should I just request a copy?

You should be able to download it. Look in the support section, under Downloads. Off the top of my head, I think you can only download the first CD (of two), but the first one's all you need anyway.

Can't really test it myself, as my usercenter accounts have support contracts attached.

knwminus
2009-07-22, 17:17
You should be able to download it. Look in the support section, under Downloads. Off the top of my head, I think you can only download the first CD (of two), but the first one's all you need anyway.

Can't really test it myself, as my usercenter accounts have support contracts attached.

Thanks. I called there CS and I found the evaulation. How hard is the exam? Does any offer practice test (transcender,etc)?