PDA

View Full Version : Where are client log ?

skyzorg77
2006-03-16, 07:39
Since 6.x, you can upload client log (client configuration > client setting to configure that). I still have le ZAlog.txt on the client computer (C:\WINDOWS\Internet Logs\ZAlog.txt). But when i check the system counters (ctrl-alt + double clic on integrity logo on the web interface), sometimes i see a number for "Log Upload: files uploaded".

I ve got a cluster (2 servers and 1 MS SQL server) but i dont know where are the client log (integrity server, database ???).
If you could help me , it would be so cool lol

RobertGraham
2006-03-16, 19:54
You don't really state what logs you want. Try going to the reporting section in the web console. You can see all the logs uploaded there.

skyzorg77
2006-03-17, 06:44
ok thanks
but why i ve got some log on the client ?
(ZAlog.txt, tvDebug.txt,... on C:\Windows\Internet logs\)
After they are upload on the server, they are still on the client :(
Could i do something to purge automatically this log on the client???
thanks again :)

skyzorg77
2006-03-17, 06:46
In fact, i dont want any log on the client computer :)

RobertGraham
2006-03-23, 17:23
The only thing I would know to do is write a script (WMI perhaps?) that goes and clears out the Internet Logs directory every couple of hours. You'd want a way to check that they were transmitted to the server though.

CSING
2007-06-26, 13:00
The Internet logs directory can be flushed in Safe mode. A script will not delete tvdebug.log unless it runs in Safe mode. You can run the command iclient -config clearentries.xml. Where clearentries.xml is a file you create with the clearOldEntries="true" at the integrity tag. This will reset the entire config of the client. This is similar to using the keywork RESETCONFIG = yes when upgrading a endpoint that will remove all setting of the former installation.

If you have a problem with the logs growing too large perhaps there is a configuration issue.

RobertGraham
2007-11-27, 17:13
Clarification, there are some files that you can delete without issue. I think the internet log is one of them. You need to test it out. A couple others I was able to delete by renaming them and moving them around. Then, they could be deleted. I believe two of the files can only be deleted in safe mode.

CSING
2007-11-28, 12:33
There is a utility zrepair that deletes the entire contents of internet logs without going into safe mode. I believe it can be downloaded from CP.

RobertGraham
2007-11-28, 14:55
Oh goodie, that must be new. A little more than a year ago, I was speaking with an escalation eng about this. He made no mention of such a tool, so I can only conclude that it didn't yet exist.

CSING
2007-11-28, 17:22
modified date for the .exe is 1/10/07.