PDA

View Full Version : Global Policy Database Revision Control Fails

sisu-up
2009-04-04, 08:42
This was a interesting one, customers database creation was fine, but global policy database creation failed. This was found on SPLAT P1 R65.

In /opt/CPmds-R65/log/mds.log you would see the following messages while trying to create the database

gtar: Cannot write to ckp_mgmt_version.tar.gz: Input/output error
gtar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

After installing gtar 1.15.90 the global policy database would work. Check Point provided the new gtar. Just thought it might be useful to post, I knew that the FCS gtar had issues with large database but this was a global policy with only a handful of objects and about 6 previous database versions.

MrSnakey
2009-04-04, 14:58
Thanks... it's a good one.

If you take a look, there are many different versions used all over the place. It's quit interesting. I think the older gzip version has a limit on the size of file it can generate, so you only see the issue when your database gets large enough.

sisu-up
2009-04-15, 11:37
Yeah, I don't know why CP did/does this. To keep me on my toes, I guess.

Thanks... it's a good one.

If you take a look, there are many different versions used all over the place. It's quit interesting. I think the older gzip version has a limit on the size of file it can generate, so you only see the issue when your database gets large enough.