PDA

View Full Version : Trouble upgrading Integrity agent silently

ffaber
2009-04-03, 03:22
Hello,

We are trying to upgrade the Integrity Agent from build 135 to 222, but are not able to do this silently (no questions asked).
The thing is that the old package does NOT hold a password and the new one does. I understood from the manual that, in order to upgrade silently, you need a password. I tried lots of combinations but always get a window "if I really want to stop the True vector service" and that's what we do not want.
Who knows?

Thanks

MrSnakey
2009-04-03, 16:11
Hello,

We are trying to upgrade the Integrity Agent from build 135 to 222, but are not able to do this silently (no questions asked).
The thing is that the old package does NOT hold a password and the new one does. I understood from the manual that, in order to upgrade silently, you need a password. I tried lots of combinations but always get a window "if I really want to stop the True vector service" and that's what we do not want.
Who knows?

Thanks

I don't have much insight, or the time to research the issue, but the default password is normally 'SECRET'.

You can verify this by trying to uninstall from the Add/Remove programs. Only the successful password will allow uninstallation.

CSING
2009-04-14, 14:42
You cannot do a silent install without a pre-existing install password.

ffaber
2009-04-15, 03:24
Thanks. Nevertheless Check Point want's to check if we can convert the exe to msi and try to do it that way. This because the impact in the managed workplace we deliver is very big.

CSING
2009-04-16, 10:35
That won't work.

You can run the iclient command and set the Install password on each workstation but that would require responding to a security prompt.

The purpose of the install password is to override the security prompt and therefore permit silent installs. That is why it is set by default. In fact in the latest versions I am not sure you can even install with out it.