PDA

View Full Version : admin password different to smartdashboard admin logon password

trackhappy
2009-02-17, 20:42
I have a fairly new installation of a UTM-1 3070. After going into production, I wanted to change the admin password to something "differnet" and start using our own admin logons to help auditing. After successfully changing the admin password via ssh, I was surprised to then log onto the smartdashboard with admin and the old password. In Smartdashboard it tells me you must change it in cpconfig, but all I can do there is delete admin or add others. Am I missing something here???

banduraj
2009-02-18, 16:04
If used ssh to connecto to the gateway and then ran passwd from the command line to change the password, this won't work. That only changes the SecurePlatform admin password. Use the WebUI and go to Product Configuration->Administrators. Delete and readd the admin with a new password.

There are two admin accounts, once for SecurePlatform and one for the SmartConsole tools.

trackhappy
2009-02-18, 19:07
If used ssh to connecto to the gateway and then ran passwd from the command line to change the password, this won't work. That only changes the SecurePlatform admin password. Use the WebUI and go to Product Configuration->Administrators. Delete and readd the admin with a new password.

There are two admin accounts, once for SecurePlatform and one for the SmartConsole tools.

Thanks. Thats perfect. I was not keen to delete the account without knowing that it could just be re-added.

msjouw
2009-02-19, 02:17
And if you're not completely happy with the solution, create a new other admin user first before deleting the admin account.

Thorpuse
2009-02-19, 20:19
And if you're not completely happy with the solution, create a new other admin user first before deleting the admin account.

This doesn't work in NGX - only one admin is allowed in cpconfig.