CPUG: The Check Point User Group

Resources for the Check Point Community, by the Check Point Community.

Tim Hall has done it again! He has just released the 2nd edition of "Max Power".
Rather than get into details here, I urge you to check out this announcement post.
It's a massive upgrade, and well worth checking out. -E

Announcements

Forum: CCSM (Check Point Certified Security Master)

1. Join Date
    2005-08-11

Please Do Not Post Word-For-Word Exam Questions Here!

Hello CPUG Community Members,

It seems some VUE Testing Centers haven't been honoring their confidentiality agreements or some exam takers haven't been honoring their Non-Disclosure Agreements because it appears that some of the current exam questions are being passed on to Test King and perhaps other sites selling "practice exams" and then content from these "practice exams" is ending up here on our discussion board.

We don't want this. Please do not post word-for-word exam questions (and their possible answers) on these discussion forums, for several reasons:

1. Those of us who have passed the exams have a vested interest in preserving the integrity of the testing process and preventing "question memorizers" from passing the exams. We're a fairly exclusive club; if you want to join, we want you to do it the hard way, in a way that preserves the reputational value of our credentials.

2. It's not clear that Test King or even our discussion forums provide accurate answers. I personally have seen many, many questions that students bring me from Test King in which the answer given and the logic behind it is simply wrong. Many of the answers you are memorizing are wrong.

3. The best way to learn the material is to the read Check Point manuals (they're free on Check Point's web site) and to practice with the product. You can download the ISO image for free and install with the free 15-day evaluation license. Or, of course, you could take the CPUG CCSA/CCSE Dual-Certification Boot Camp here in San Francisco, as we have a 95% success rate in successfully getting students through both exams in one week.

4. If you do this you're participating in a chain of contract violations, starting with the testing center or the test candidate and going through Test King and finally to our discussion forums.

5. You might get your certifications yanked for violating your agreements.

Here is some specific advice I've received from Check Point on this issue:

"Received a complaint today that CPUG was displaying the complete text of CCSE exam items. Many people are offended when they see that. Not only that, but when someone displays exam items, they are violating their NDA they agreed to when they take the exam. This can cost them their certifications."

"I would like to request the following recommendations to persons wishing to discuss exam items - it is perfectly OK to introduce a general stem and then discuss, in general, what the answer could be without discussing specific responses. That is how we configure the study guides. If people will comply with that format, we have absolutely no problem with what is discussed. In fact, once we complete the next exam versions we'll even offer to post a cross section of sample exam items that will be real items with correct responses, unlike Test King. Since it is the CPUG I wanted to suggest we try this. Where others have done this, we have had the legal department issue a cease and desist order. We usually give them one chance then pull the certificate."

6. Lastly, I want CPUG to be the most valuable possible resource for the Check Point user community, and one way to do that is for us to stay on good terms with Check Point. We had some very constructive conversations between CPUG members and Check Point employees at our CPUG CON conference in Las Vegas last month, and we're all working together to improve the quality of the exams. It doesn't help our relationship with Check Point if some of our members are pirating the exam questions.

With these goals in mind, I've removed several threads and posts which appear to be violating the exam NDA's.
    Barry J. Stiefel ("Stee-ful" or "Shtee-ful")
    B.S., MBA, CCSA/CCSE/CCSE+/CCSI
    Resilience RCSE/RCSI, Fortinet FCSE
    CISSP, MCSE, NSA ISM
    Founder of CPUG
    Founder of CPUG University

2. Join Date
    2005-08-11

A Note About This Forum

Please do not post private one-to-one messages here, such as "Me too. Please e-mail me a copy; here's my e-mail address".

For private one-to-one messages, use the Private Message system.

Thanks,

Barry
    Barry J. Stiefel ("Stee-ful" or "Shtee-ful")
    B.S., MBA, CCSA/CCSE/CCSE+/CCSI
    Resilience RCSE/RCSI, Fortinet FCSE
    CISSP, MCSE, NSA ISM
    Founder of CPUG
    Founder of CPUG University